Saturday 28 March 2015

The Pomegranate Tree

Sometimes in this household we say that we have a garden that keeps on giving. It's the upside of many years of neglect, I guess. As we give this garden love and attention, it gives back revealing it's hidden wonders and beauty. About a month ago, Heather uncovered a pomegranate tree. It had been overtaken by vines, just barely managing to show a sprig of leaves that caught her eye. Now it looks like this.
In my eyes, this pomegranate tree is a little fragile with its spindly branches that are used to the crowding of vines but it's also heavy with fruit that's slowly ripening. I connected with this little tree today. My life in India was crowded and suffocating. As I've come back to life in Australia I've felt fragile, trying to embrace new life without the support of unhealthy thoughts and habits. And God invites me to see the fruit that is growing in my life and the fruit that my life bears for others. May this little pomegranate tree be your invitation and encouragement too.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa... lovely reflection. I really get the analogy you feel with the pomegranate tree... now may the true vine enfold you and give you the peace you need to take steps into the future when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete